The Family-Owned Funeral Directors Association was created to promote the advantages of ‘family-ownership’ as opposed to ‘multi-national corporate ownership’.
Becoming a member of the Family-owned Funeral Directors Association is by invitation only.
To become a member company you must:
- be a family-owned funeral business. (See criteria below)
- be 100% Australian-owned
- receive a private invitation.
Criteria for family-ownership.
- Business must be majority-owned by no more than 2 families.
- One or more family members must work in the business or participate in the direction of the business.
- The association is restricted to funerals businesses that can prove they are owned and operated by a family.
Who is Family-Owned?
"We live for our business. Everything we do reflects our on-going commitment to providing affordable, quality services to our community. All of our staff share our focus for serving our clients with total respect and doing all we can to make every funeral an individual celebration of life"
Brett Gow – Alex Gow Funerals
"Our family has been serving the community for over 114 years. At Burstows, we believe a funeral well done honours life, comforts those who mourn & declares to the community that each life is important.
Trevor & Don Burstow – Burstows Funerals
"We take special care of our families, and like to fulfill people's special wishes. We offer a range of high quality services, at the right price, and it shows by the heart-felt thanks and recommendations we receive."
Anton & Sally Brown - Anton Brown Funerals